The UK’s music publishing sector is hugely dynamic – covering a wide range of roles, from creative to legal, across all genres of music.
Title: Intern Publishing Assistant
Reporting to: Publishing Manager
Basis: Fixted Term Contract to September 2022 – Part time 3 days per week
Salary: London Living Wage
Location: Hybrid / home working – London Somerset House
Closing date: Monday April 18th 2022
This is a truly unique opportunity to join a brand new publishing arm of an award-winning artist and project
management agency at an exciting time of expansion.
Through HarrisonParrott’s long experience managing artists, alongside its broad network of contacts across
the industry, we are in a unique position to be able to provide a full, bespoke publishing service that is
tailored to the composer’s needs.
We help composers to find commissioning opportunities and to get engaged in interesting projects. We
make sheet music available and hire out scores; and, importantly, we provide efficient and thorough royalty
collection and distribution. Our aim is to protect copyright, nurture development and encourage creativity.
We ensure that the composer’s work is not only being properly and professionally managed but also that
income is both generated and collected.
Our dedicated team of publishing, management and music experts can provide individual support to the
composer and genre-specific expertise that can alleviate the administrative burden placed on composers
allowing them to focus on their music. We seek people who match our pro-active drive and ambition with a
can-do attitude, who are excited about playing a key role in the future of the Arts on a global scale.
A brand-new role to pro-actively support the running of HarrisonParrott’s new publishing arm, Birdsong
Music. You will have excellent communication and copy-writing skills, knowledge of social media, and
considerable attention to detail. You will also be excited by and interested in music publishing with an
eagerness to learn. You will have a passion for music and be an avid music listener.
Key Areas of work
• Assist with uploading scores to our digital sheet music hub including inputting metadata.
• Proofreading scores, checking copyright information, commissioner and programme notes.
• Creating composer title pages to fit our Birdsong ‘house style’.
• Score preparation.
• Ensure the Birdsong website content is accurate and up to date, performing regular checks and
• Ensure that the composer sales’ pages are up to date.
• Filter through submissions from composers.
• Responsible for the process by which news and digital content is uploaded to Birdsong’s social
media channels (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn).
• Day-to-day management of all Birdsong social media channels.
• Create a content calendar of regular social media posts using Hootsuite.
• Ensure steady build of follower numbers and engagements.
• Create content for Birdsong social media channels including selection of photographs, videos,
podcasts, and articles using Canva.
• Researching social media trends.
• Various administration duties.
• 25 days of paid holiday per year (pro-rated) in addition to statutory bank and public holidays. 5 of
these days are to be taken during the office closure period in December.
• Company Pension Scheme.
• Annual ticket allowance for HarrisonParrott artist events.
• Employee Assistant Programme.
• Plus Somerset House residents benefits:
I love Covent Garden Card
Northbank Privilege Card
Corporate rate at Waldorf Fitness First
Community membership rates at King’s College Gyms
Covent Garden Physio – Introductory rate. 10% off
You are now being redirected to the Printed Music License Limited website
You are now being redirected to the PRS For Music who administer the MCPS
Enter the keywords to search the site and click enter