The MPA is the UK trade association for music publishers. We have around 300 members, covering every genre of music. From Adele to the Beatles and Skepta, our members represent the rights of a variety of songwriters & composers.
We know the Music Publishing industry can be hard to break into but it is not a closed shop. The more you know, the more chance you have of getting where you need to go. We want to encourage and support the next generation of industry professionals.
Contacts are everything and it is a small world so make the most of everyone you meet. If you don’t at least have a basic idea of music publishing, what it is, why it is necessary and where it comes into play, you are at risk of leaving money on the table.
The MPA Student Membership allows you access
to the music publishing community and the music industry as a whole, and like most things in life, you get out of it as much as you put in.
• Submit your contact details and CV to the MPA’s Job & Work Experience seekers list. This list is circulated on a monthly basis and is accessible to all our members, ensuring your details are in front of hiring companies.
• Looking for a Professional Mentor? Add your details to our Mentor Search list which is circulated to all of our members.
• CV housekeeping – if you would like feedback on your C.V. for a particular position within the industry then please do send it in for review and advice.
• Great discounts on all MPA training including the industry renowned Induction Course for all those wanting to learn more about the ins and outs music publishing.
• Annual Student networking lunch with a publishing amnesty Q&A to follow. This is a rare opportunity to get your questions answered by experts in the music publishing field, no question is too stupid.
• Discounted or free attendance at selected member social events throughout the year.
• A chance to win tickets to the MPA Summer party and legendary Christmas Lunch extravaganza, which hosts hundreds of delegates from across the music industry.
• Your Student Member profile on the MPA Member directory – details to include; a brief bio stating what you are studying, the areas of work you are interested in, your skills, passions and experience to date. Also an opportunity to upload your CV and social media handles.
• Regular monthly events and general newsletters, keeping you up to date with what the MPA & Industry are up to.
• Access to the Student Member’s section of the MPA website including all standard agreements.
Subscription fee to become an MPA Student member is £25 per annum.
Membership runs for a year from the date of joining. Students can join for a maximum of 4 consecutive years. Alternatively, why not ask your course leader to take out a University subscription on your behalf?
£575 per annum for a University subscription gives 25 students access to the MPA Student Membership. Wider partnerships, including full University Membership, are also available.
You are now being redirected to the PRS For Music who administer the MCPS
You are now being redirected to the Printed Music License Limited website
Enter the keywords to search the site and click enter