Lobbying and policy work
The MPA works to raise the profile of music publishing, and to represent the interests of our members to government, to the wider music and creative industries and to the general public.
- The MPA regularly makes submissions to Government consultations on behalf of its members, whether directly, via UK Music, or at an international level via the International Confederation of Music Publishers (ICMP).
- The MPA was a founder member of British Music Rights, now UK Music - the umbrella organisation representing the collective interests of the UK’s commercial music industry.
- The MPA is an active member of ICMP – the global voice of music publishing.
- The work of the MPA is supported by a number of committees drawn from its membership which guide policy in specific areas: pop publishing; classical publishing; printed music publishing; library publishing; and education and training. Committee membership is open to all MPA members.
- The MPA/PRS for Music Working Group provides a forum through which publishers can raise issues with PRS for Music. The agenda is driven by MPA members.